We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Your name, place of work and contact details (including e-mail address).
- Information about your visits to and use of our website.
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our website, including information relating to any purchases you make.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or e-mail notifications.
3. Website Visits and Cookies
We may collect non-personally identifiable information relating to your visits to this website such as IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of the website, to improve the website's usability and for marketing purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and those you do not. A cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer; they cannot access the hard drive at all.
You can control the acceptance of cookies through the security settings of your browser, allowing you to block first part, third party or all cookies. However, this may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. You can also use your browser to delete the cookies that are currently stored on your computer.
4. Using Your Personal Data
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Improve our products and services.
- Maintaining our internal records.
- Send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by e-mail or similar technology.
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by e-mail or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
We do not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
5. Other Disclosures
To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
6. Security of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of storage is completely secure, so while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
7. Policy Amendments
8. Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP10.00). If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please write to us at the address below.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us as soon as possible and we will amend any data found to be incorrect.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by e-mail to email@example.com
at any time.
9. Third Party Websites
The website contains links to external websites. We do not control these websites and therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party websites. We would recommend that you read the privacy policies of these third party websites before using them for the first time.